Problem:There are two cylinders installed in your house (or house + granny flat). BUT you have surplus/low cost hot water in one of those cylinders and not the other.
For example: Solar Hot Water or a Hot Water Heat pump.
It would be silly to install the same system twice.
Solution:Pump the surplus from the cylinder with more than enough hot water over to the other cylinder as required.
Our SolaStat-ET-2 controller is designed for this task.
The image below is of an ideal arrangement where there are spare plumbing ports.
- Save capital expense by using one efficient heat source for two cylinders
- Primary heat source can run longer which equates to greater run-time efficiency and so lower costs
- The primary cylinder will not run out of hot water, it only transfers surplus hot water
- Flexibility to easily disable transfer if second cylinder temporarily not needed, like the second dwelling is un-occupied
- Transfer happens infrequently and involves a large amount of hot water when it does. This makes heat loss during transfer insignificant.
This is a great solution for larger houses and granny flats. Cost effective, energy efficient and flexible.
Future proof your twin cylinder home
Select SolaStat-ET2 controller with S3 sensors (for retrofit onto existing cylinders)